Duplicat's Diary

by Rick at 21:08:06, 2019-05-12 (day 1834)

Looking like Wednesday provides a window for us to get to Noumea. Upwind yes, but we should be close to laying Noumea on one tack (though depends on the currents a little bit).

Metbob, advising another boat we know, is suggesting waiting until Friday but I don’t see that in the models yet and we could get there and find we missed out. The system in the Tasman should give us a bit of a southerly twist, but even if we have to fix our course at the NC end with some tacking or motoring, these relatively benign conditions mean we really should take this window!